Craig and Tony are at YOW! Conference in Brisbane and catch up with Joshua Kerievsky, CEO of Industrial Logic and founder of Modern Agile and they talk about:
- Episode 20: Lean Start-ups with Joshua Kerievsky
- Industrial Logic and the Extreme Programming Playing Cards
- If you are a consulting company and don’t have your hands dirty building a product, you are missing out – try it out on yourselves before you try it out on your customers
- Episode 116: The Heart of Modern Agile
- Modern Agile recognises that there are other people who are not building software who also want to be agile and want to leverage the agile and lean concepts
- Modern Agile principles – Make People Awesome, Make Safety a Prerequisite, Experiment and Learn Rapidly and Deliver Value Continuously
- Lightweight methods movement came out of minimalism, but now we are in the Agile Industrial Complex – Agile has lost its simplicity and lightweight qualities
- People need recipes to get started but we often get stuck on these
- Forrest Gumping – stupid is as stupid does!
- A lot of methodologists don’t pay attend to economics – be too idealistic and you won’t make money
- We are in the business of helping individuals be agile, not organisations
- Make people awesome is about being obsessed with our customers and making each other awesome in our organisations
- Kathy Sierra – “Badass: Making Users Awesome” – focus on making the user awesome, not the product
- Make safety a prerequisite – anzeneering – you can’t make anyone awesome if you can’t protect them
- Project Aristotle – psychological safety is important for high performance
- Modern Agile Meeting Agreements Poster
- “Modern Agile is not a framework” – sing along!
- * “The leftovers” – we value the things on the left over…
- Modern Agile activities catalogue
- Modern Agile Show
- YOW! 2017 talk “Modern Agile“
TheAgileRevolution-173 (41 minutes)
Reblogged this on Craig Smith.