In this episode of the Agile Revolution, Renee Troughton and Peter Lightbody join Christopher Avery again as entertains and educates Australia on The Responsibility Process and The Leadership Gift.
Whilst we looked at The Responsibility Process in Episode 114 of The Agile Revolution, this episode does a deeper dive and looks at:
- Christopher’s talk at Scrum Australia on how Agile Leader’s improve results with The Responsibility Process. You can check out the LinkedIn article Christopher refers to here
- Self leadership and self management
- WL Gore and Associates core values and how it relates to The Responsibility Process.
- The four minute overview of The Responsibility Process including denial, lay blame, justify, shame, obligation and responsibility.
- How The Responsibility Process is a self-use tool
- How to work with others (individuals or groups) using The Responsibility Process
- The subtlety in the word of “responsibility” over others like “accountability”
- Overcoming catastrophic events using the responsibility process
- How The Responsibility Process aligns with other similar fields of thought such as Byron Katie’s “The Work” and Samuel Arthur’s vocal coaching
- How responsibility is different from “being good”
- Taking responsibility is about being at choice
- What organisations can do to make an active practice of responsibility through “wins” using Intention and positive psychology
- Walking through an example of the responsibility process in action
- The difference between Quit and choosing not to act
- Don’t try these with the Responsibility Process…
- The Leadership Gift Program
- The Responsibility Process Book
You can ask Christopher Avery for more information through his main website at ChristopherAvery.com.
TheAgileRevolution-138 (50 minutes)