From YOW! 2013, Craig and Renee talk to Joel Pobar, currently working at Facebook as an Engineering Lead and talk about:
- Joel’s journey to Facebook
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- Building and shipping fast
- The value of a developers time and their critical paths
- A day in the life of a Facebook manager
- Who is the Product Owner in an infrastructural team?
- A/B (experimentation) testing in New Zealand
- Stabalisation and release process
- Recruiting the right people
- Pulling out the sharpies when pivoting on PHP
- Striving for infrastructural efficiency and how to empower the team to this goal
- Owning the stack from the bottom to the top and its impact on agility
- Checkout HHVM, the Facebook Engineering Blog & Open Compute
You can contact Joel at facebook or on twitter at @joelpob.
The Agile Revolution- 72 (41 minutes)