Craig is at YOW! West in Perth and sits down with Dr. Anita Sengupta, a rocket scientist and aerospace engineer at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (and since this interview was recorded now a Senior Vice President at Hyperloop One). They geek out talking about space exploration as well as the important topic of diversity:
- YOW! West keynote “The Future of Mars Exploration” and AATC 2017 keynote “Engineering the Red Planet“
- 7 Minutes of Terror: The Challenges of Getting to Mars
- When you are doing something for the first time, you have to come up with out of the box solutions – first you need to make it work, and then you need to make it last
- The biggest issue is to get enough people into the pipeline from under-represented groups, one thing we can do is more public outreach at the school level
- You come up with more interesting solutions when you work with diverse teams, and, when you intersect with other universes you learn so much
TheAgileRevolution-154 (20 minutes)
Reblogged this on Craig Smith.
Once we start work with diverse teams, we will definitely come up with more creative solutions!