Craig joins guest co-host Shane Hastie to talk with Luke Hohmann, author of “Innovation Games”, founder and CEO of Conteneo, Inc. and co-founder of Every Voice Engaged at the Agile 2015 conference after his inspirational opening keynote and they chat about:
- Luke’s opening keynote “Awesome Superproblems“
- Innovation Games – the book, the training, the games
- also author of the “Beyond Software Architecture” book
- how to sell games to your boss, the goal is not the game but the outcome
- great resource for learning games is Tasty Cupcakes
- with serious games, we don’t use the word “fun”, we use the word “engagement”
- epic scale games with the City of San Jose to solve prioritisation problems, this resulted in the formation of Every Voice Engaged
- our roots are “agilists” not “methodologists”, as a result we have capacity to solve larger problems
- “you can’t read a bike”, so we need simulations to help understand Agile
- engagement trumps the communication mechanism, especially video
- play two games to change the world, because the world needs us!
TheAgileRevolution-110 (24 minutes)
Reblogged this on Craig Smith.