Gojko Adzic “does computers” which means he helps people deliver software and he caught up with Craig on a recent YOW! DepthFirst tour of Australia. Gojko is the author of numerous books including “Bridging The Communication Gap“, “Specification by Example“, “Impact Mapping” and “50 Quick Ideas to Improve Your User Stories“.
- XP – started with “Extreme Programming Explained” which was really about developers ruling the world – XP is not dead, it won!
- TDD has crossed the chasm to mainstream
- Sturgeons Law – 90% of anything is going to be crap
- Continuous integration and automation has opened up a world of possibilities
- “Bridging the Communication Gap” – about finding ways to break dysfunctional processes in organisations
- “Agile Testing” by Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory
- The most valuable companies in the world are software companies
- It’s more about the right people being involved rather than narrowly defined roles
- “Specification by Example” – a collaborative way of coming up with good requirements and tests involving a cross functional team
- Pschologically people perceive that tests come after development – in that case you have already failed
- BDD – no canonical definition, would love BDD and SBE to be the same thing
- “Impact Mapping” – based on a Swedish interaction design process – about setting goals and strageies
- Impact Mapping uptake outside of IT – Marcus Hammarberg on Doctors in Indonesia and Ahmad Fahmy on helping orphanges in Egypt
- “50 Quick Ideas To Improve Your User Stories” – a lot more to good user stories than just a template
- Hamburger Slicing – last resort technique for technical story breakdown to think about options for value
- Product Management is the big missing piece – teams could benefit from doing this better
- As an industry we produce too much software – need to change the percentage of software that can achieve something big
TheAgileRevolution-83 (45 minutes)
Reblogged this on Craig Smith.
Pingback: New PM Articles for the Week of November 24 – 30 - The Practicing IT Project Manager